Third eye spartan

Hello all, has anyone on here got any experience with these as I'm seriously thinking about one! I have a jet-z compact which I love but I'm after a reflex type for stalking, any opinions or knowledge welcome

I have them on all my rifles, from 22-250 to 7mmWSM. Not the quietest or the lightest, but very competent pieces of equipment, made in Britain by a Company that is a pleasure to do business with.

I have a Spartan and a Hardy gen III (amongst others). The Spartan is more robust and heat proof and gets used more on a range day where a lot of rounds are being fired. The Hardy is considerably lighter and reduces recoil far more so gets used for stalking. The rifles are .270win and 6.5x47 and to switch mods on the 6.5 it's +2moa from the Spartan to the Hardy. I use the Hardy almost exclusively on the 270 as most times out it only fires 1 or 2 rounds in a day, or sometimes a weekend!

Mike

Thanks you chaps! It's the recoil factor that's worrying me to be honest! I can put up with a bit more bang as its on my stalking rifle, if you had to pick between the two spartan on the hardy which would you keep? I love my jet-z and its had hundreds of rounds and I have seen a wildcat in action and it was well engineered but the recoil was just the same as not having a mod and the noise reduction was pants!!!

Rob I did a bit of load testing today with my 6.5 x 47(Spartan) and my .270win(Hardy gen III) which is a Remmy 700 LSS ie a mountain rifle. It weighs 8lbs inc mod scope and bolt. I was shooting 130 sst's at 3120fps and 120grn 6.5 Amax at 2930fps. Surprisingly the Hardy sounded quieter to me than the Spartan. I fired 12 rounds of .270 in about an hour in three shot strings with about 15mins between them.

I honestly think the Hardy would take some beating when recoil suppression/weight/noise reduction are taken as your priorities in that order. The new gen IV is even lighter and I talked my mate into buying one and he's over the moon with it, it has transformed his 6.5X55 T3 lite, which used to wear a T8, into a real gem of a stalking rifle. However if your shooting a 30.06/270 or wsm I'd recommend staying with the Gen III purely because it can cope with more gas volume.

Mike

Archived