A few months ago I posted about a suction lamp for my frontera! Well I never got round to it and I am getting a Navara next week! This time I want a roof mounted lamp for the beast, does anyone have any suggestions? I am not looking for an all singing dancing set up but 1 which is practical and doesnt break the bank.

I have the suction remote lamp from Deben, it works ok but it moves a bit quick, certain amount of back and forwards if you are looking close to, but it was cheap and with the 100watt conversion gets out to a couple of hundred yards. I have had a few foxes with it, when on my own, so it works, about £69 as I remember it.

I also have the Lightforce remote handle, through a piece of perspex which goes in the sunroof hole and has a 2 million Night tracker on it, better lamp but the wind moves it sometimes unless I have a co-pilot.

Redfox

I balked at the price of the suction bar but the T handle with switch was worth it and putting it in the sunroof hole ( sunroof wound back of course) it keeps the mitts warm as well as me, I just drop the window to shoot. One place up on the Pennines where I go, there is always a bitter cold wind blowing and if the window is open you get frostbite after about 15 mins ;)

Redfox

I use the Lightforce suction bar too, with a 170 on it. Never had any problems....apart from a cold hand.

Problem is its the trigger hand as well, probably why I dont get out much in the winter.

A

Has your new motor got a sunroof ? if so remove the glass (if not get one fitted :P ) and have a piece of steel cut to the same size as the glass. Then cut the 50mm hole and fit a lightforce outfit. When you sell the motor just remove and replace with the original glass. This is what i have done in the landy. Nice and warm and no cold handys :lol:

If you want a picture of mine (light that is) let me know mate.

Adam.

The best of luck :o I remember when my mate drilled the hole in the Landrover roof. Silly bugger never removed the roof lining before drilling. He later realised there is a centre brace down the middle of the landy roof :o . He had to patch it back up and go off centre with another hole. :D

Ill see the finished product when you come up :P

Adam

Has your new motor got a sunroof ? if so remove the glass (if not get one fitted :blink: ) and have a piece of steel cut to the same size as the glass. Then cut the 50mm hole and fit a lightforce outfit. When you sell the motor just remove and replace with the original glass. This is what i have done in the landy. Nice and warm and no cold handys :P

If you want a picture of mine (light that is) let me know mate.

Adam.

Hi mate. I've got the Landy and got the cold hand too. I would love to see the picture of the replacement sunroof. Sounds like it could be the solution I've been looking for . Cheers

Malcolm

Archived