my first for 08

foxshot

Well i managed to get out for a few hours on my local farm,with being contracted out to another company at work and working seven days i can not get out on the usual hunting grounds,any how after parking up at the farm at about six thirty and cracking with the farmer for ten mins it was of to try and bag a fox, a fox was spotted almost right away one quick glimpse of its eyes and it was gone,this was one of two that frequent this area that are lamp shy, after about an hour of calling and walking nothing else was spoted i thought it was going to be another local blank,this area is where i zero and practice and has a lonning running right through it so this is where i walk as i can cover a fair area both sides,i lamped back up the field and saw two sets of eyes running full pelt towards me and because of the nature of the field i couldnt tell what they were until opposite me and it turned out to be two foxs going hell for leather one chasing the other ,totaly ignoring the lamp they must have been running around in front in front of me for five mins and could i hell stop them for a shot then off they went into the distance,i found a good spot to try and call them how i didnt spot it comeing i dont know but before i knew it there was one no more than eighty yards away walking broadside on i got on the gate post and gave a call and the bloody thing just carried on walking nose down ,my heart racing it eventualy stoped and i sent the v-max on its way and a satisfying thump and down it went ,turned out to be a fairly good size dog fox, i arived back home just before eight thirty satisfied with the result, would have done a lot better if i could have got up scotland or over the north east but work wont allow that for a while dscf0002gr3.jpg

Good going mate,looks it cracking condition.What calibre are you useing Foxshot?

thats the 223 ackley i had built by R,G Rifles

Well done pard, a lovely looking and colour fox, how can you be so cruel as to shoot such a wonderful looking animal ;):mellow::lol:

dont say that ch you make me feel guilty :P NOT

i to hope it is one of many Dave

Archived