Few Hours with the Lamp

kip270

Tonight was the first in over a week that we had chance to get out lamping, and the weather was really good, clear skies but no moon, nice to be able to stare at the stars for a while too ;)

Dan was the rifle man and i was lamp man, i took the .222 as this was a pure foxing session, and everytime i take the .17hmr we never seem to see foxes that are within range for it.

We scanned round the barns, but failed to see anything, so we made off and headed for the bigger fields, a few rabbits but not much else. There is a small wood at the end of this large field, and we heard a fox calling last time we were out, so thought a good look was called for. Plenty of rabbits there, which will have be sorted out with the .22 & 17hmr (but everytime we go out dan asks if i'm taking the .222, i wonder why :lol: )

As we got into the next field i scanned up towards another wood and then we spotted three sets of eye's, they were a good 400 yards away, so we slowly made our way closer, but the field we were in was still straw so was noisy underfoot, but the wind was in our faces so slowly we made ground. One fox was sat on the outskirts of the wood while the other's were in the wood, then one came out to our left and was sniffing about, we were now about 200 yards away, so Dan got down with the bi-pod on and waited. The one that had come out of the wood sifing about was coming closer, so dan swung round onto it and waited for the shot. The fox stopped and then fell to dans shot, a perfect shot to the chest at 116 yards ;) The other fox ran off without stopping.

We saw another two but they didn't hang around, so five in total and managed to bag one.

Will be out for a few more sessions next week after work ;)

I`ve asked Martin to suspend your Moderator duties kip until you purchase a camera :P Well done Dan tell your mate kip to buy a camera..

Thanks Vim, Dan is my son :angry::lol:

And just for you here she is

DSC00008.jpg

So normal duties may resume :P

Archived