shooting bench legs???????????

Anyone know where you would get a good set of legs for a shooting bench? Been looking for a while now and cant find any ones I am happy with, I have a bench top made just need a set of legs, thinking maybe 2"-2 1/2" inch pipe threaded with a slight taper on the end so the further they screw in the tighter they get, then I need cups to match the legs I dont need angled cups though as I have put on bits of oak bevelled at 13 degrees to give the cast in the legs, if I could think what else these type of things are needed for i could probably find the right shop that would have them but I am drawing a blank at the moment. any help much appreciated.

Standard 2" "Blue band" steel water pipe is more than strong enough ( you will never apply enough force to move it even a millimetre) you can get weld on flange ends, or if you want to take them on and off, get them threaded bspt ( taper thread by an industrial plumber/ comp Air Company and use screwed flanges to fasten to the table and screw the pipes into. To be really flashy you can get screwed or weld on blank caps for the end that goes on the floor. Any decent pipe fitting firm should be able to help you out and knock them up in no time. :unsure:

Redfox

Archived