Cooper .17CCM

Picked up on this in Todd Kindlers book, Called .17 Cooper Centerfire Magnum, 17 caliber, tiny case, capacity about 7.5 grains, fires a 15 grain pill at about 3500 fps and a 20 grainer at 3000 fps. A 17AH will lob the 20 grainer at 3500fps so it is a bit more powerfull but takes another 3 grains of powder.

Just interested to see if anyone is using a 17CCM, I imagine against vermin it is a bit like a HMR on steriods. I would think with a decent moderator it would be a tidy 150/180 yard rabbit rifle. Brass is tricky though, was Cooper supply only.

A

Seen a bit about these too geoff, there is another similar one the .17 squirrel which basically is a reloadable centrefire hummer gives the same velocities I think, one of those would be nice for the bunnys and crows especially if you love reloading I always thinks it is kinda crap with rimmies that they will only shoot as good as the ammo you buy for them, though usually thats plenty good enough but its always nice to tinker with stuff.

I don't think cooper chamber or make brass in this calibre anymore,but you do see some second hand guns with brass and dies for sale in the states occasionally.

Sounds great! Have you looked into getting one put on your ticket? Trying at the moment to get Mach IV put on mine!

Get the .17 Ackley Hornet and dont look back!

Sounds great! Have you looked into getting one put on your ticket? Trying at the moment to get Mach IV put on mine!

Get the .17 Ackley Hornet and dont look back!

the above post was replying to Alycidon's enquiry about the round,as I've already got a 17 Ackley hornet i wouldn't need one

ATB Paul

I have a 20BR in the build at present but was sort of looking as you do at a very light carry rifle, reloadable, with enough umph for charlie at 150 yards. Maybe 17AH or a 20 AH or similar.

A

Archived