Late Night At The Office

nemasis243

Had a call late last night from a dairy farmer, one of his cows gave birth to a still born calf at tee time yesterday so the carcase was taken from the shed and placed outside in the field ready for collection to be burnt.

When he had finished milking about 8 oclock he had a quick look round with the torch only to find that the calf had had its nose bit off and had been dragged down the field a few yards .

As I was out shooting last night in a place where I didnt have a signal he could get hold of me all I had was a mesage call me ASAP.

Made the call and got to his place about 1am and within 3hrs had taken 5foxes from that field , it was a nice change just to sit in the truck having a snooze then wake up ,put the lamp on and see a pair of eyes mooching about, open the window rifle out and bingo. :lol:

He rang me this morning and thanked me for what I had done but informed me that the carcase had been pulled about 25yrds down the field , so there must have been more visitors there after I left. :unsure:

It just goes to show how foxes must travel vast distances and that many foxes cover the same ground at different times.

In total last nite and early this morning we had 8 charlies,but now that lambing has started the loading press will be busy as I usually shoot between 20 - 35 a week this time of year, aint that a bitch but some ones got to do it. :lol:

On a Sunday morning Dave I thought you would have been in church, :unsure:

Was the crow Acklyfied or BR blitzed , been a lovely afternoon for the long stuff, still looking up the mountains for some places to do the old 600+ shots

will speak soon Andy :lol:

I was out last night too - i took my brother out and let him shoot my rifle ( i wish i hadn't), he missed 2 charlies that were nice easy sitters :lol:- so i have now got 2 lamp shy foxres that i'll have to chase about for a while untill i get a shot at em, ah well it'll keep me busy for a while i suppose :unsure:

Archived