ns200 scope adapter

jeffo223

Had a issue with my ns200 and my sightron scope basically when the adapter was all the way on the scope and the camera was all the way in the adaptor the sight picture was terrible. To solve this I push the camera all the way into the adaptor but don't put the adaptor all the way onto the scope. The down side to this is that it not the most stable set up . I spoke to nite site who recommend a DSA adapter, I have had a look and cobra/ Merlin seems a tad expensive but pulsar do one as well , my question is will the pulsar one work or do I have to have a cobra/ Merlin one .

Paul

You need to extend the distance from end of scope to camera unit yes?.

What you can try is a Blue Peter fix, (remember to ask an adult for help with sharp scissors), You will need a cardboard tube ( bog, aluminium foil,etc).

pva glue or flour and water paste, and some newspaper. (remember paper mache at school). stick little bits of paper on the tube creating a weave/cross hatch, dry 24 hrs, repeat, etc. You will need to use lecky tape on the camera unit to suit bore of tube, and tape on the scope. You can now insert camera fully into tube, push tube onto scope untill you achieve optimum length. Tape tube to scope or mark on scope where tube needs to stop.( Iv"e done it it it works)

If you can get alluminum or plastic tube use that.

Refering to our last ns200 post /topics I think you will have eye relief problems thru the mag range, but by making this tube you can achieve a compromise at a fixed mag setting.

Hughes.s

Phil , thanks for getting back to me . I don't go on bbs are you able to find anymore info?

Hugh, thanks for your information it's a great help but I am surprised you where able to come up with that or indeed make it !!! Due to the fact, like you said it involves scissors and like you said a child should not be using them on there own!!!

Paul

Archived