foxing2night

Having been suffering with a bad back,, Whent out for an hour on sunday night??? Just thinking that i would have a quite drive around, Just to have an hour out,,,

Whent to a small holding whitch is nice and flat and easy to lamp!!!

I could hear lambs bleeting in the sheds,,, So i thought, This is going to be a good chance for a charlie here???? Lamp on, 150yrds eyes, Call he came running in but he was running on three legs????? , 50yrds, 17hmr head shot, First one down!!!!,

Walked 20 yards to anouther gate way, Lamp on, sheep in the field by the sheds , These would be the next lot ready to come in to lamb,,, One fox sitting at the side of them??? called but the bugger would not move, So one shot in the boiler room at 100yrds,,, Down like a bag of spuds!!!!!

Next gate way, and jam doughnut me one sitting at about 80yrds,,,, Did not bother calling just put the crose hairs on his chest and thump!!!!

We were back in the farm house having tea in under half an hour????

Tuesday night, back to the same place??, and managed to get one more!!!!!!

It has been a bit slow for this month but now thinks are looking up!!!!!

20 grain cci, 17 hmr,,,, What a lovely little round????

All the best,, F2n

Bloody good going there sir!!!!! ;):D

All the best...............

RAY..................................... :lol: :lol:

Nice going darrel, nice when they are just everywhere and you dont have to walk too far. I need one of these .17's I have been writing the letter to expalin to my flo why I need one for ages, really need to get it finished, love going out with cf foxing but it always seems more rigmaroll, getting home and cleaning the bore etc, little rimmie you can just out blast a few off come home wipe her down and put her to bed, handy! Nice going!

Thanks boys,

Graig,, I really do love my 17 hmr,,, I know that you will be over the moon aswell???

It has got it,s limits, just like any other cartrige,, The worst is that it is wind sensitive!!, But to be honest, i have not found this a problem???, In my opinion it can only make the marksman a better shot!!!, I have taken rabbits out to just over 200 yrds,, AND THE BEST IS THAT THEY DO NOT GET UP??, Foxes, well i will leave that up to you??

Ray, ad a conversation with our FLO,, That whent ok and a letter has gone in,,, Things are looking good my mate??

Speak soon,,,,

Tulky, How is your shooting iron doing mate, Is it all sorted now????,Factory sporter comps start in march???, Come and have a go ,,,,,

Dave, Out again last night with the lads, two more shot with the 6mm ppc,,, Bloody cold up here last night!!

Hope all is going well for you aswell !!!!

Reloaderdan, My back feels like a bag of nut and bolts at the moment????, But them foxes are out there??? And so am i,,,,, Lot,s of lambs being born at the moment,, And foxes all over the place??

All the best boys,, Darrel

Archived