IOR 2nd Owner Warranty?

Tiff

I'm about to buy a second hand IOR 12-52x56, however the IOR 'warranty card' states the warranty is ONLY valid for the original owner.

The scope is 1 month old & still boxed, but is just £200 cheaper than a 'new' scope from a dealer - of course if I did buy 'new' I would be the original owner.....

Does anyone have any experience with IOR and there warranties regarding s/h scopes.

Many thanks in advance,

Tiff

Ok this thread is now effectively redundant.........sorry!

The european importer has confirmed he will honor the warranty (if it was ever required), if I have all the original documentation (which I will have).

So I can now go and buy in confidence.

I'll post a review on here once I've got it up and running.

Cheers,

Tiff

Ok this thread is now effectively redundant.........sorry! The european importer has confirmed he will honor the warranty (if it was ever required), if I have all the original documentation (which I will have). So I can now go and buy in confidence. I'll post a review on here once I've got it up and running. Cheers, Tiff

Hi

Out of interest , who is the european importer?

I bought one from border barrels but they are no longer stockists . ( no problems with mine , just for future reference / purchases)

Andy

Hi Andy,

The new importer is Joost van Gerven. They are still developing their english website:

http://airgunheaven.com/

He is very good with emails and replies within a couple of hours normally:

bascule3@xs4all.nl

He deals with all warranty claims in the Netherlands and Belgium plus in the UK.

They have a London Lloyds account, that they take UK bank transfers to. They keep you in the loop the whole time through email and if they can, get the product out the same day.

I should add I have no connection to Joost, I'm simply very impressed with their service.

Tiff

Hi again Andy,

http://www.scopesdirect.co.uk/

This company sells direct in the UK, although I'm not sure where they stand with warranty returns, since I think they import straight from IOR - worth cross checking with Joost I'd imagine.

Scopes direct have sent a 12-52x56 up to Dolphin Arms to display at the show. They seem to be able to get any IOR and will have more in stock. I think they are/have sent one, maybe a couple of IOR's off to the shooting mags for a review etc.

Hope that helps,

Tiff

Hi again Andy,

http://www.scopesdirect.co.uk/

This company sells direct in the UK, although I'm not sure where they stand with warranty returns, since I think they import straight from IOR - worth cross checking with Joost I'd imagine.

Scopes direct have sent a 12-52x56 up to Dolphin Arms to display at the show. They seem to be able to get any IOR and will have more in stock. I think they are/have sent one, maybe a couple of IOR's off to the shooting mags for a review etc.

Hope that helps,

Tiff

Thanks again tiff

I'll check them out

Andy

Archived