CFE223

bri2506

Has anyone had any experience of this powder. Just looking to try another load for 204 ruger with a 40 grain vmax pill. Been using h4895, but not any success.

hi buddy when i first got my 204 looking on the net reloader 10 seemed to be the powder of choice with a lot of reloaders,so i tried that and was very happy with the results .not the powder you asked for but have you tried it also 40gr vmax can be twist sensetive

Think I have some N133. Was looking at the speeds achievable with CFE223. Was going to try some H335, that did alright in my 223 when I had that but found it dirty

hi buddy when i first got my 204 looking on the net reloader 10 seemed to be the powder of choice with a lot of reloaders,so i tried that and was very happy with the results .not the powder you asked for but have you tried it also 40gr vmax can be twist sensetive

Barrel is a 1 in 10.5 twist. Put it on to use the heavier bullets, but never had much success up to yet. Loves 32 vmax but struggling with owt bigger.

Reloader 10x 39/40grain bullets = 1 ragged hole at 100 yards, less then 1 inch at 300 yards. 500+ yard rabbits are not safe at all !

Steve.

Have load details for 10x as min nd max loads. And what primers you using. Cheers

Try the 6br website for 20 cal-under 'bullets' you might be relieved to read that others have had the 'shoots 32g V max,but not 40g' experience,and primers tend to Rem 71/2 BR and Fed 205m. I doubt that you could detect much difference.

george

Have load details for 10x as min nd max loads. And what primers you using. Cheers

Reloader 10 with 39/40 grain bullets. Start load = 21.6 grains and max load is =25.1 grains. My load is over book max and I have very little (If any) case stretching, I neck size and use Hornady brass with a fedral 205 primers. (1/11Twist Pac-Nor barrel) With absoultly no pressure signs.

Steve.

Have we got CFE223 here yet? Edgar Brothers gets its main shipment from the US during January or February most years and with most new powders launched worldwide at SHOT in January, the earliest we can see them is 12 months later, sometimes 2 years. CFE223 was announced by Hodgdon in October 2011, and I wondered if we'd see it here around now.

CFE223 was (still is too I presume) the powder used by Hornady in its factory .204 Ruger ammo and was crucial to its development and launch. Hornady executives were painfully aware of how the stories in US shooting magazines about .17 Remington's propensity to copper barrels up nearly killed its sales a generation before, and needed a combintion of 4,000 fps MV plus to meet marketing objectives allied to no undue barrel coppering. They got it with CFE which had been developed to meet military requirements to allow heavy use between cleans in AR and other fully automatic weapons.

Barrel is a 1 in 10.5 twist. Put it on to use the heavier bullets, but never had much success up to yet. Loves 32 vmax but struggling with owt bigger.

so have you tried the 39 bk with no luck ? before i got my 204 i loaded some ammo up ready to run in the barrel using 25gr rl10 with 39gr bk.i loaded them 100 thou longer than what book said with the intention of measuring the ocl with gauges when i got the rifle back from the smiths .when measured there wouldnt have hardly been any bullet left in the neck to reach lands so i gave them a try and they shot great that was two years back and the only thing changed is now using 25.5 gr of rl10.not saying you should do the same but thats what i did and its worked for me

Archived