foxing in the snow

pork chop

had an early start this morning after charlie,pulled up farm track about 6.45 and got stuck straight away couldnt go back or forward managed to get out after about 15 min.anyway with about half an hour till light did a bit of calling with no luck so moved on to back of farm and set up on a trailer and straight off spotted charlie going past a gap in the hedge heading for a gate ,held rifle on the gate for a good 5 min and nothing as soon as i dropped rifle he walks past .so after 5 min walked to the gate but no sign of him then spotted him about 100yrd off up the other hedge row and dropped him there.so not a bad start went and sat near back of building hoping to stop another.,started to get a bit cold after half an hour so started back the way i came and there about 180yrd off sits charlie right where the first one lays got nothing to rest on and to low for bipod so had to be a standing shot thought either miss or kill him so fired as soon as dot settled gun jumps and i lose sight picture but there he lays never knew what hit him.so two down just love being out in the snow

Nice pair, top job pork chop. I was up sharp but pulling tits (milking) not shooting. No snow here yet but heading to the fells tonight. Nice fresh batch of ammo loaded up for the .22/250, look out Mr & Mrs Fox!

shooting on farm next to pork chops farm waiting on back of trailer for foxes. after waiting for one hour i got bored so decided to go for a walk up the field to see if i could find any foxes, i couldn,t see any foxes but loads of tracks in snow so decided to ring pork chop

to see how he got on. jammy sod had shot two foxes so decided walk back to trailer to wait, on way back i saw crows landing in field about 300 yards away, started to sneak along the edgeway when i fell over and landed into the snow throwing my rifle over my shoulder hard into the snow knocking my zero out. so decided to ring pork chop to tell him what i had done he couldn,t stop laughing.

not all bad, spoke to farmer on my way back, he gave me another 40 acres to go foxing on. took me over an hour to clean all the mud and snow off the rifle. better luck tomorrow out shooting with pork chop in morning got to get fox or never here last of it.....ha

Good going chaps, plenty of snow here best thing its like day light across the ground all night you can see them with out the lamp :) good time to mop a few up.

Keep up the good work ;)

Up early in the morning but pigeon shooting for a change, just getting the dust and cob webs off the shootgun lol.

Archived