N V rebuild!!

dazb

hi guys,

A question for the night vision experts. I have an old night vision scope, it is big bulky and heavy so I have never mounted it.

I have used it as a spotting scope in the past and the picture is very good eventhough it has no IR illuminator you can see very well even in total darkness. Obviously you get no eye shine but it's still good for picking a fox up. Even as a spotting scope it is still big a awkward so I don't use it as much as I should.

The question is, is it possible to have the image intensifying tube from this old scope put into a new modern body so I can get some use out of it or has it got to go back in the cupboard!!

If it can be rebuilt does anyone know who would be the best person to speak to about my options.

Thanks in advance,

Daz.

I'm no expert, but if you Google DIY night vision, there are a few made from, camera lens, intensifying tube, focusing lens, all mounted in a tube (Drainpipe) with a battery pack. From what I remember its mostly down to the intensifying tube that you use as not all can be used in this way.

I'm no expert, but if you Google DIY night vision, there are a few made from, camera lens, intensifying tube, focusing lens, all mounted in a tube (Drainpipe) with a battery pack. From what I remember its mostly down to the intensifying tube that you use as not all can be used in this way.

Thanks Akeld

I will have a look but was thinking more along the lines of putting the tube into somthing like a kite body and setting it up on my foxing rig.

Daz.

Do you know what it is? Any serial numbers etc on it?

I have not seen any numbers on it but then again I have not looked for any so will have a good look over it tomorrow. I know very little about NV but going on what I have read in other posts I think the tube is mounted vertically!!

The thing is I have been thinking about buying a digital NV set up and I'm wondering if the money(£1300 ish) would be better spent on the unit I have!

Daz.

Up date.

I have done some research today and think the scope is a L1A7 abc version with a P-8079-HP tube in it. This is not mounted vertically as I thought (don't know where I got that from come to think of it) I think it is the same tube that is used in the PVS-2!!

So back to my original idea, now I have slightly more info is this tube any good for a rebuild???

Thanks for looking,

Daz.

Archived