crow shooting

pork chop

had an early start this morning after crows laid in the frost as the sun came up.it was well worth it though mate shot four for five shots and i got one for two shots.how many of you want out and how did you do

What kind or range were you shooting? I was out feild testing data for the .223 and 52grn a-max as never had tested it out past 300yards as its usually has nv ontop. At 531 yards I was 3/4 moa low (had 10moa dialled in) on a shot at a crow the round impacting at his feet and leaving behind a good clump of tail feathers! A magpie at 325 wasn't so lucky (2.75moa dialled in) it just exploded with a nice pop. After nothing else showed (snowing hard at this point) I ranged and dialled in on a tree stump with a nice knot on one side as an aim point, at 473 yards with 7.5moa dialled in I fired 3 shots in quick succession but couldn't see the impacts so wandered over for a look. The shots were once again about 3/4 moa low of the knot but the vertical spread was less than .5" but the gusty breeze or me opened the horizontal spread to 2.3". Was chuffed to say the least and now I've got the data verified Iam looking forward to popping a few more winged vermin when I get the time. The rifle used was tikka t3 lite with zeiss 6.5-20x50 conquest, my loads were made up of once fired neck sized lapua match brass, rem primer, 26.5grn h4895, 52grn a-max with a col of 2.495". The sight is zeroed 1.75" high at 100yards (for fox under the lamp=point and shoot) also very impressed with the conquest scope it tracked perfectly and found the z-plex ideal.

ATB

Simon

nothing over 200 today i was shooting my 22br and my mate had his 204.no wind at all this morning so i was amazed when a 240 yrd crow flew off.did hit one at 190 yrd with thr 22br and spread him in a 12 foot radius

Do you boys find any particular part of the day any better for the popping at the black menace. I have great fun shooting at them with the hmr out the tractor when ploughing.

do you have a 22br. i also use a 22ppc, they tell me a 22br has the 22.250 velocity with the ppc accuracy.if thats correct it must be a top rifle.

yes buddy i have ,think it does more or less match the 22.250 and it is accurate.

Do you boys find any particular part of the day any better for the popping at the black menace. I have great fun shooting at them with the hmr out the tractor when ploughing.

mostly shoot in the morning but i had my best day with rifle in the afternoon,but i dont think it makes much differance myself

ye in the morning pal, they dont seem to be as alert, but saying that think its just on the day to be honest,some days you cant get with in 200 yard of them and other days they just dont bother...

had an early start this morning after crows laid in the frost as the sun came up.it was well worth it though mate shot four for five shots and i got one for two shots.how many of you want out and how did you do

shot at 180 yards

Yes, early morning when they are hungry. Up to about 9am.

A

Archived