try a new foxing tactic!!

nico243

Well after finally getting the opportunity to try a new method of foxing/baiting I can confirm it works a treat!!

I have an old (well surplus to requirements) motorola v3x thingy-ma-jiggy phone and it has the ringtone set as a high-pitched rabbit squeal, well this carefully placed with some very stinky bait at about 100yds from my chosen firing point. Well after a bit of a slow start we had drive round the shoot and took about 30 rabbits and then returned to the firing point over looking the phone/bait and after calling it a few times a huge dog fox ambles past towards the noise and fatally stopped at the bait, he went down cleanly on the spot with a textbook headshot whereupon his missus decides to appear seemingly from nowhere and completely unconcerned that her other half is pegged-out right next to her and she does no more than sit very happily and allow the admistration of another clean headshot!

I am so pleased my method works well and I can't wait to try it with the .308 and .243, a few people have scoffed at the idea saying it won't work etc. etc. to which all I can say is ;):P:P:P;):D:D

I thought of the idea absolutely ages ago, but I have been too tight fisted to go out and buy another phone specifically for the job, but now I have aquired a freebie-phone that doesn't resemble a house-brick and is modern enough (no bakerlite anywhere) to allow me to download/upload from the PC and has a LOUD external speaker!!!

What phone is it you are useing????

I think it is a "V3X" its a MOTOROLA anyway, its the wifes old phone, Father Xmas (very cleverly ;) ) brought her a new one!!

I think it is a "V3X" its a MOTOROLA anyway, its the wifes old phone, Father Xmas (very cleverly :P ) brought her a new one!!

i just don't believe it - :P:D:D

that Santa chap all ways knows what to get ;);):P

ATB

Colin :D

I use my phone as a caller too, not the ring tone though as they might have the wrong effect seeing as it is a hunting horn..... ;)

But I have downloaded a number of calls from various sites and looped them together with silent sections to make a 45min long sound track.

I have also used individual tracks to good effect.

The phone has a half decent speaker and it is loud enough to be heard at a good distance, drives the dogs and cat nuts!

Anyone wants it I can email it over.

Jerry

I use my phone as a caller too, not the ring tone though as they might have the wrong effect seeing as it is a hunting horn..... :lol:

But I have downloaded a number of calls from various sites and looped them together with silent sections to make a 45min long sound track.

I have also used individual tracks to good effect.

The phone has a half decent speaker and it is loud enough to be heard at a good distance, drives the dogs and cat nuts!

Anyone wants it I can email it over.

Jerry

Hi jerry,

Would you put me down foe one if i send you my e-mail address???? "Well done dude!!"

All the best,, Darrel

Hi jerry,

Would you put me down foe one if i send you my e-mail address???? "Well done dude!!"

All the best,, Darrel

Not a problem at all.

I have had a few pms and mailed most of them so far, I will clear them all tomorrow I hope.

Used it again tonight with some success.

Jerry

Not a problem at all.

I have had a few pms and mailed most of them so far, I will clear them all tomorrow I hope.

Used it again tonight with some success.

Jerry

I am gonna try this again next week hopefully with the .308 and some nice light 150grainers :blink:;):lol:

Archived