Fox in Fog not hanging around

nemasis243

Just got in from another nite of trying to shoot foxes in the rain,is there gona be an end to this stuff? ;)

I use a few different methods for attracting foxes and on one small sheep farm,where he has just started lambing , I have a series of baits at points about 20yrds out in the fields from fox runs in the hedges,for some reason this really makes foxes feel at ease,maybe its the fact that they know they can just slip away quickly if need be.

I shot two tonight and was just taking a final spin round before calling it a nite as the rain started to get a bit heavier ,when I spotted a fox in the middle of a large field running like as if something was chasing it,it wouldnt even look towards me as I gave him a call,having been round the farm once and having spoken to the farmer before hand, who dosent venture out when I am lamping, I knew that it was very unlikely to be anyone from the farm.

Then within 30seconds a band of fog come in from the same direction as the fox was running from , does anyone know would this spook a fox ? I drove back the way he came and there was nothing that I could see about there that I think may of spooked him.

Any idea do foxes dislike fog??? :P

Guest northernchris

Nemasis

If he was running with the wind and fog in his back,it sounds like he has winded something he didnt like??

I have shot a fair few foxs at 1st light in fogy/misty conditions as they were busy mooching around for food,they didnt seem put off by it at all.

Just my thoughts

Chris

Archived