two foxes in twenty mins

Guest ds2

dsc00172se6.jpg

dsc00173os2.jpg

dsc00171kr5.jpg

After a good breakfast went for a look in my favourite foxing gully, it was a cool windy afternoon and looked promising, so I got settled in laid my gortex sheet out set the rifle up and started doing a bit of glassing, there was plenty off magpies flying about making one hell of a noise, but no Charlie's, as I glassed down the gully half way down a fox appeared making its way towards me mousing its way up the gully, there is a big bank of gorse bushes run the full length of the gully , I lost sight of him for about ten mins as he was doing a bit of hunting in them , then I caught a glimpse of him he had chased a squirrel up a tree and was sat watching it, I wound the scope up and let him have it he was 175yds across the other side of the gully going to foxy heaven, so I went down picked him up and got settled in again, if it was twenty minuets later another fox half way down the bank of gorse bushes walked out and looked straight at me as if he knew I was there , boom number two in the bag, that's 30 foxes I have shot out of that gully from the same area they seem to love that bit of hunting ground, the second fox was at the otherside of a burn that had to much water to cross it , so didn't manage a pic of the second fox, I will pick that one up tomorrow, well pleased with the afternoon shooting rgds Dave,

hi kip the weather here is the same mate, total shite, today was the only dry day we have had all week, more rain for the rest of the week to, i enjoy shooting them during the day it gets you twitching a bit rgds dave. ;):P

Archived