the new stock works

reloaderdan

hi all i had a post going in the general section on how i was redoing the stock on my .243 well its finished now and of we went this morning for a stalk on some of our roe does

geting up the weather looked like it would hold and it did so of to a small wood that is normaly full of deer first thing in the morning saw a group of 3 doe about 95yards into the wood but there was no clear shot so decided to move on after about an hour we gave the stalking up and decided to move into the high seats after about 20 mins or so out poped old charlie with out a care in the world at about 110-115 yards so decided to forgo the deer and have a bash at the fox insted changed the chambered round to a norma 55grn balistic tip sliped the saftey and boom the parker hale barked into life then there was that reasuring sound of a hollow thud and down went charlie he did not know what had hit him he just lay there still with a direct hit to the boiler room :P was well chuffed as this was the parkers first outing with her new colours still all we have to do now is bag her the deer we went for in the first place as the freezer is getting low again

heres the fox

deadfox2-1.jpg

and hers the parker in her new colours234004jpg.jpg

it was a two pack paint applyed with a hvlp spray gun it was from a friend of mine who owns a body shop and dose custom paint jobs on the old yanks

the paint was some he had left over from a job he was doing and said i was welcome to it so its now on the stock when i get back to the farm on monday ill ask him who makes the paint he uses

Archived