Burris scopes

I have a Burris Fullfield II 3.5 - 10 x 50mm. It has the LRS Bst plex. In english it has an illuminated varmint reticle.

I bought it to replace an old Optimate for bunnying on my Quad. I wanted a scope i could use for both .17hmr & .22lr. The sako/burris scope made for the quad has too small an objective lens for lamping. The optics are excellent. The IR however only has two settings, bright and bloody bright...

No darn good for lamping at all so i may sell it. I've shot a friends rifle with an 8 - 32 x something Black diamond on it and the clarity was very good indeed. Using it at 600 yds i was impressed when i compared it to my Nightforce.

Grant..

Hi,

I have a Burris black diamond 6-24x50. :mellow:

I find the clarity and light gathering very good and actually beats my binoculars by a fair bit, which previously had been my benchmark. The 6x option is ideal for stalking. My favourite for distance is usually 16x so that works nicely.

The reticle is the burris ballistic mildot so you get alot of aimpoints for quick use.

The clicks are nice and crisp and repeatable. Target turrets with covers similar to Leupold vx111 scopes are fitted so you get the best of both worlds. If range shooting I usually leave the elevation cap off and use the reticle for wind. If stalking they are left covered.

Having heard mixed reports on customer service for all scopes including burris I had the opportunity to test theirs. The turrets holding screw rounded out after playing with alot of different rounds. I contacted the company by email explaining the problem and they sent me direct from America some replacement screws and allen key within 2 weeks. 10/10 for customer service on this occasion. :P

Mine has the front old style parallax adjustment which i find ok, newer ones have a side turret.

Bad bits..................well they all have them except ( put your favourite here) :lol:

From 16 to 24x the picture darkens quite alot but then this is a large gain on mag and normally poor light would require less mag ( closer shots).

The turrets are resettable but they use a tiny allen key that rounds out easily :huh: , see above.

The reticle is 1st plane? ( same size all mag) so if you move off 16x the reticle increments are wrong but thats same on all scopes.

With my reticle being the ballistic mildot if you want to range something vertically then you only have from centre up, 5 mildots, as going down, the spacings are not equal. In an ideal world these would be 100,200,300 etc but this all depends on calibre and some fit pretty much cock on and others are a bit off to useless.

22.250 if I remember right is a good match and there are others, I have the info somewhere.

Although not neccessarily a bad point the sizes of the outside of the lenses i.e. scope caps, seem awkward to find i.e. not usual stock sizes, so some searching maybe needed for butler creeks etc.

If it matters depending on rifle or personal choice the scope is a rather long item and is not the lightest. For me this is not an issue but you may want to asess it on your set up.

Overall I am very happy with the scope and it do's everything i want.

Any more questions fire away. :P

Archived