powder thrower

Hey up guys,

thinking of getting a powder thrower...

I've never owned one before but need something to cut down the time its taking me to do my reloads! i'm starting to find the weighing of every charge a bit tedious! so I'm wondering how accurate these things are? & also which one to get? if their suitable for my requirements..

I phoned reloading solutions yesterday & the advised a "Redding model 3", Which sounds a sensible price! however the other one they suggested which was a "Weighmaster" was a little salty to me!

Any advice would be gladly received...

None of them are accurate enough to rely on without weighing each load, but they do speed up the process if you set them to throw a light charge and then trickle up to final weight on the scales.

It depends really how sensitive to powder charge variation your rifle is, my 20Prac will generate a POI group of 0.5" over a 1 grain variation, so I feel comfortable using my thrower for powder charges for foxing up to 200yds.

I have 2 separate batches of ammo for my 20Prac,

•  
  • 200yd foxing ammo
  • Long range varminting ammo

If I am doing some long range varminting I will use the Kern scales and omega trickler to get the loads accurate to 0.02grains.

yes that sounds better! think i could live with that...

just one other thing.. what scales are you guys using?

Archived