Tikka T3 Tactical Build

PhilM

Slowly getting there, had this rifle a few years now but have just upgraded from the pants factory stock!.

1.JPG

New RCS2 chassis with FDE Viperskins

2.JPG

3.JPG

Spec so far:

Tikka T3 Tactical .308 24"

Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50

CG Universal 2 Stage Trigger

EGW 20MOA Rail

UKGW T3 Ally Bolt Shroud

RCS2 Chassis & FDE Viperskins

10rd AICS Mag

The guys I was out shooting at Warminster with the other day managed to convince me out of buying a Versapod for it! So the Harris will have to stay until I can try out an Atlas bipod. Also hoping to get a Grippy Cheek rest for it too from Victor Company.

Nice looking stock, I have been spending some time looking at parts for upgrading my T3, but cant really justify a stock like that for the foxing and deer my T3 gets used on as it only goes to the range a handful of times a year

I dont suppose you want to part with your factory T3 tactical stock as I currently have T3 varmint (from before they released the super varmint)that im playing about with again having not done anything with it for about 5years

Thanks mate!

Sorry, the Tactical stock will be going onto my .223 T3 Varmint as it'll give me a better cheekweld with the NV I have on it!

No probs, thought I would ask as I have the same issue with just my zeiss scope on the varmint. What NV are you using as we had been considering putting NV on our M595 as it only ever comes out at night anyway.

I am using a Gen3 unit based on this housing supplied by Clive Ward;

NVS4x52.jpg

But I put a Gen3 EEV (Kite) tube into it. Performance is great for what it cost me, but I was lucky to pick up a good tube when they were being sold on ebay about a year or so back.

No probs, thought I would ask as I have the same issue with just my zeiss scope on the varmint. What NV are you using as we had been considering putting NV on our M595 as it only ever comes out at night anyway.

Had the same problem myself, bought a karsten adjustable cheek piece but it means drilling two holes through your stock to attach it! There are a few good fabric ones that strap to the stock aswell. ;)

Archived