simple question !!

Devil_bri

I personally get zeroed at 200 yards on a calm still day{I know they are rare!]as by the time you get to 200 all errors are much easier to see and I find ballistic data from there on works far better from a perfectly zerod rifle at this range. A 100yard zero is is simply not good enough as the trajectory is very flat at this point and you could be a few clicks out either high or low by the time you get to 200.Regards Onehole.

I personally get zeroed at 200 yards on a calm still day{I know they are rare!]as by the time you get to 200 all errors are much easier to see and I find ballistic data from there on works far better from a perfectly zerod rifle at this range. A 100yard zero is is simply not good enough as the trajectory is very flat at this point and you could be a few clicks out either high or low by the time you get to 200.Regards Onehole.

Agreed as I found the same :)

Yep me 3.:)

Mmmmm! I know how to sort out trajectory,,,,but wind will forever do your head in!!! I,ve seen shots going either left or right only to reverse completely at longer ranges even on relatively open land with low stone hedges,,,,I dont think there is any way to calculate for this,,,,,,,,,?

Mmmmm! I know how to sort out trajectory,,,,but wind will forever do your head in!!! I,ve seen shots going either left or right only to reverse completely at longer ranges even on relatively open land with low stone hedges,,,,I dont think there is any way to calculate for this,,,,,,,,,?

Wind indeed is the bigbear! There is no way to 'calculate' it exactly,but ''guesstimates'' are sometimes reasonably close-an anemometer at point of shooting is a good start.You can use a good scope to check signs of wind at varying distances out,eg grass movement,etc.AS has been said,don't assume uniformity of speed or direction.Range shooters use flags,all the way out,and that clearly helps,but at longer range it's still all too easy to get caught out!But it's not luck-or if it is,the more you practice,the luckier you will get! :)

george

Archived