Big bugger!!

foxing2night

Hi gents,

whent for a couple of hour,s last night!! ( As you do)

The night it,s self was fantastic hardly any wind, But very wet under feet!!!!

First fox was spotted acrosse a valley,,,,,,, I have been waiting for a shot at a fox acrosse this valley for a long time??

Range probably about 400 yrds!!!, Good lamp, Good scope and the shot was on????, But the fox had other ideas???

He went behind some tree,s and then out of sight, Never to be seen again!!! Are well,thats how it go,s !!!!!!

Any way, We had only walked 50yrds When jay spotted one on the brow of the next field, He did a runner, as he was only a few yards from the woods in the bottom of the valley??? You guest it!!! Never to be seen again ??

By this time, I thought that we were never going to get one?????.

So we started to make our way to the top of the mountain!!!, On the way there is one fence to get over and a short clime, Then you are on the top!!!!, What an advantage point it is??? Bloody fantastic!!!

As luck happens jay just put the lamp on before we got over the fence???? Bloody hell what a pair of eyes!!!!!,

Lamp off, move to the fence for a rested shot, Lamp on and whack?? What a thump it was aswell???

This fox was just lying not quite on the top ??? So the shot was safe,,,,,

And my god was he big???

10-01-08_2236.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic????

All the best F2n

Thats a big one darrell, good job. I dont see as many big ones these days they seem to be all runts, I only shot one last year I would call BIG.

At least the last one wanted to play :lol: It gets frustrating sometimes just how easily the little buggers seem to give you the slip.

Thats a good sized fox there Darrel, funny Brian and I were talking last night that we should carry some cheap fishing scales in our pocket and start weighing the bigger ones.

Cheers

Dave

A belter pard, you won't want to many of then buggers around your birds or lambs.

I carry scales with me and the very time my mate Shrek shoots a big fella I left them home :) The average size in this neck of the woods seems to be about 16 ish pounds. Funny enough the vixens have been larger than the dogs just lately. My son had a beauty a little while ago big old vixen with very few teeth, someone must have been liquidizing the food for her ;)

Indeed a fine fox Darrel,atleast you didnt blank,often thought about geting some scales to carry about to weigh some of the bigger ones

Archived