Another action packed night!!!!

gaz6br

With rabbit orders coming in thick and fast now we got the kobota geared up for another night. It was a wet and windy night perfect conditions for rabbiting id say, We set off to the same bit of ground we had 82 from last week. We arrived there 8:30 ish and the night was good and plenty about, we got back to the farm about 12:30 with 91 in the basket another good night ;):) Didnt see any foxes :mad: but we hammered them through the summer, gives us more time to hammer rabbits in the winter :)

Another 55 rabbits taken last night off another bit of ground, nice windy wet night again didnt see any foxes but good in away ;)

For rabbit a sako finfire bolt action 22, yes it looking good so far had 1560 last winter, best night was 134. We could of beat that the other night I reckon but we stopped as orders won't kick in properly till the colder weather comes, but it's all good fun, plenty more ground to go at yet ;)

For rabbit a sako finfire bolt action 22, yes it looking good so far had 1560 last winter, best night was 134. We could of beat that the other night I reckon but we stopped as orders won't kick in properly till the colder weather comes, but it's all good fun, plenty more ground to go at yet ;)

sounds like a lot of fun and with a v nice .22. where abouts do you shoot and where do the rabbits go?

sounds like a lot of fun and with a v nice .22. where abouts do you shoot and where do the rabbits go?

Had another 30 sunday night just for a little order, and 85 tuesday night ;) All the rabbits go to butchers, farm shops and pubs, they all get skinned and bagged oven ready :) We shoot alot of estate and farm ground , some crop some grass best ground we have for rabbiting is on the quarries we shoot, there crawling. We are lucky to have 20,000 acres plus to play on, one reason why we shoot so many. It is a sweet little rifle aswell deadly accurate aswell nearly all head shoot every time ;)

Had another 30 sunday night just for a little order, and 85 tuesday night ;) All the rabbits go to butchers, farm shops and pubs, they all get skinned and bagged oven ready :) We shoot alot of estate and farm ground , some crop some grass best ground we have for rabbiting is on the quarries we shoot, there crawling. We are lucky to have 20,000 acres plus to play on, one reason why we shoot so many. It is a sweet little rifle aswell deadly accurate aswell nearly all head shoot every time ;)

wow 20,000 i wish i had ground like that to go over. i live on a small farm so allways had some where to shoot but i never get big bags of rabbits. i have just got a new farm to shoot on but its the same story. i have never seen a farm in lancashire "crawling" i remember when i was a kid there was quite a few but mixi killed them all and they never came back. when i worked in oz there was so many you just wouldent belive it i recon you coulde shoot them all day every day and never make a dent on them 20000 acres would be a small farm. i did shoot a few roos whilst i was over ther but no wabbits

+

• 3 weeks later...

Good night again last night, had my 223 ackley out and managed to bag a nice dog and a viven. Also 87 rabbits taken so a good night all round, thats 8 times we have been out rabbiting so far since 1st September and already 612 rabbits on the list, so well on track of beating last years total of 1560 we have till March with orders so fingers crossed ;) Long night though we set off at 8 to the farms, i got to bed at 4:00am and the alarm was going off at 6:00 for work :wacko: Just got back from farm, been and skinned all the rabbits having along sit down now lol.

Also went out Sunday morning about 6am and bagged a nice dog fox with my 6br, so a good week so far ;)

Nice one Gaz keep up the good work, haven't been on the rabbits yet myself but got 10 gingers in the last week with the .223 they seem to be causing me no end of problems at the minute on the higher ground I cover, every man and his dog is having chickens taken! Might take up fencing as a sideline! ;)

Seem to be a lot of foxes about this year. I look after a chicken farm and try to stay on top of it. Only taken 16 this year from it. However I seem to be getting a call from the farmer every week at the moemnt to tell me hes seen a fox in the day time. I go, shoot one or two and then the next week he's on the phone again!!

My theory is the lousy weather all year has put a lot of folks off, including the pikey dog men, so there are more foxes left after harvest than usual. Now the maize is coming off, the pheasant shooting and hunting has all started then stuffs getting pushed about and finding its way onto mine.

to put it in context I had 29 for the year to end of July, then 28 in August and I have had 31 since!!

At 88 for the year so far and my previous full year record was only 74!!

Thanks for the replys chaps,we look after a few free range chicken farms always on them after a fox, but the free range pig farms get some hammer aswell, not yet seen it myself but the manager see's them taken the piglets quite often.

Cheers guy

Happy hunting Gaz.

Hard work Tuesday night, went to a farm bout 700 acres trouble was some field were still rape stubble and was long so made hard work spotting the rabbits. As we got further down we reached some drilled and grass fields and things got better. Ended the night with 65 rabbits and one nice dog fox reckon we would of had more if that stubble had gone, save them for next time ;)

Archived