The stock is done at last (well one of them is)

charly hunter

Well it's been a while since I said my son was going to strip and paint my nice tiger stripe walnut stock and the stock I got from Millpool for my .22, well after a few days :angry: and a few coats of paint and then stripping it and repainting it a few times The stock is all but finished, well the .22 stock is anyway. :)

This was the start of the .22 stock a little while ago;

22stockqw7.jpg

And now it is looking like this :rolleyes:

dsc00523ch9.jpg

dsc00519py8.jpg

I am well pleased with it so far, I am not sure what he means by he needs to add finishing touches, but I can't wait to get it on the rifle, then I may even get him to do the rifle and scope too ;) I haven't told him that yet though ;)

He will take orders too ;):lol:

Guest northernchris

Nigel

That look well mate :rolleyes: Out of intrest what paint did he use???

Dave W

Just notice you have the bolt handle done now aswell,hows the finish standing up to proper stalking????

no problem at all chris, i did the bolt at the same time as the stock, i will put it through its paces tue,wed, and thur at the does, had another fox out of the gully this week rgds dave. :rolleyes:

those pics dont do it justice nige

in the flesh its much sexier ;):lol:

You are right pard, they were taken with Davids phone, I am about to fit the stock so I will put pic's on here later. Have a few mods to do to get it to fit snug, but it shouldn'e be a problem, if I can get that .22 stock to fit Millpool's .17 then this should be a breeze :)

Guest varmartin

Very good job indeed.....

all you need to do now is get a foot lopped off that barrel and you will have a very handy rifle.

Thats a cornish foot :angry:

Martin

Very good job indeed.....

all you need to do now is get a foot lopped off that barrel and you will have a very handy rifle.

Thats a cornish foot :rolleyes:

Martin

All in order pard, just a matter of when the man can do it for me, well that and I am unsure of havin' it done as it was built in 1957 and still shoot's a 1/2 inch group, so do I really need it shortened????? :angry:

Guest varmartin

Shortening it may even improve its accuracy...if done correctly... You could end up with a nice fresh crown and a stiffer tube.

No smutty jokes please... :rolleyes:

What it will do is make it handle really well when moving it around the cab and poking it out the truck window...

I had Helston lop 8 inches off my Mauser 201 Luxus and it still shoots 1/4 @50 yards

Just make sure John uses a NEW Sandvik blade when he does it for you.... :angry:

Martin

Archived