6.5 Grendel

gazzar15

Using this caliber on an AR15 platform. Does it utilize the standard mags?? Is it then just a matter of a new upper??If so how much are they and who has them??

Thanks Gary

Low Mill Ranges are uk 'agents'-Alexander arms had a quite restrictive policy on licensing.You will need an upper,whole point of the grendel was to be an easy transform of the AR15. Ballpark price like a good 223 upper (AA policy means very few alternate barrels etc-though they might have relaxed lately,and I think PPU did brass in UK.The 6.5 grendel and 6br forums have info-though you probably can't get USA performance in a man op because of extraction issues.Nice cartridge though.

george

I have one

the mags aren't std I think , the feed lips have to be altered due to steeper shoulder. Midwayuk do various options from £20 - £50

hornaday do ammo using 123g amax heads at about £25 per 20 although I reload my own

I use ppu brass because it is cheaper (£45/100) and uses large primers with fits in with my other calibers

Lapua brass is around £100 / 100 and small rifle primers The hornaday ammo uses small primers.

when I first got the grendel I had extraction problems , I bought an easycam from peter sarony at armalon and after a bit if work on the upper it now extracts flawlessly even with factory ammo .

Using 120g heads it is deer legal , I use 123g scenars and get around 2530fps and I have shot it out to 1000yds regularly at bisley. Its no f class rig but the looks on people faces when you are scoring with an ar is priceless.

Andy

Mine has a 24" lothar walther barrel and is threaded too

Archived