stiller 6mmbr

batleyhunter

Thinking about swaping all my kit for a new stiller predetor action its a repeter action with a really heavy pac nor barrel i thibk its about 28 inches long carnt remeber what twist it is comes with a bell and carlson tactical stock with adjust check and length and carnt remeber what trigger its fited with its brand new only fired proof round its £2500.

What are your thorghts of the set up and calibre chioce as i only want to shoot a maximum of 600 yards or so doing various dissaplines like fclass, benchrest, mcqueens and tactical shoots.

Let me no what you think as i dont no much about this calibre.

Thanks James

Hi the 6mmBr is a superb allround cartridge, but like most things its better at some than others! if you just want to long range plink,then yeah its fine for what your talking about,but if your going to compete,not so good!

The 6br has a bit of a reputaion for not feeding to good from a mag,but it can be made to work, but bench guns aint tactical guns!

Ive a Savage long range varminter in 6BR, right bolt,left port,single shot,it shoots fantastic almost seems like cheating,as its so easy to shoot well.

I can load and shoot almost as fast as a mag feed gun,but most of the time theres no hurry!

As much as i love the 6BR round,the 308 as an all rounder is very hard to top.

Good luck which ever way you jump :lol:

ATB Pete

Archived