out at last

foxshot

well finaly got out to do some lamping with working and the crap weather i havnt been out for a while ,then to bag it all the computer packed up,this is the first night the weather has been any good for us to get out,well the night started of bloody bad in my haste geting ready i knocked my rifle over so that put pay to me using my rifle incase the sights were out (dont want to be shooting at live targets not knowing where the bullet will strike)so it was down to my mate,the night started good with a fox droping to a 50gr v-maxalthough the fox wasnt lamp shy the call only stoped it long enough for a shot,the next fox was a clean miss my mate was as gobsmacked as i was as the fox was only about 70 yrds away,so it was off to the next farm where it was walking only.this wha when i had a go ,the first half hour produced nothng then as my mate shone the lamp around there was a fox about 50 yrds away peering through a dike at us so down i got and down the fox went,another was spoted a litle further down but he winded us and was off like a rocket,so on to the next areathis was drivable so i was back behind the wheel a fox presented its self perpectly at about 100 yards broad side on my mate got on the bonnetand took it out,fox three in the bag, the last fox of the night was the most challenging again the call wouldn bring it in ,it kept on going than atlast it stoped now to be honest i didnt think my mate was going to shoot at it but the sound of a loud report changed this,now it was hard to say if it went down but the familiar sound of a bullet hitting fur confirmed the shot was good,paced out at 270 yards so a good shot for him,by now the time was getting on to half five so we called it a nightpicture007sp4.jpg

Archived