a few questions.

grahamfarmer

hi guys.

as in another post earlier today have now got some free time on my hands but need to alter my guns a little due to the effects i am left with from my arm ops .

one problem is general dexteriorty in my right hand grip ok fiddly jobs not so good main problem being with loading mags on my howa 243 and my rem700 pss both factory standard rifles . for the howa i think a drop in box mag system will be the cure for that one as have no grip handling problems with it. several replies seem to report no problems with them.

with my rem 700pss 308 i have the mag filling problem the same and the palm swell grip on the hs stock causes me some discomfort due to the size and also there is no surport for my little finger which i my main cause of discomfort on my right hand the other being general pressure on the elbows as that was the op sights but padding helps over come that .

i brought the rem several years ago so as to be able to have ago at some target and paper punching if i ever got the chance and it fitted extremely well when i purchased it. my inital thoughts are to drop the action and barrel into a aics 1.5 stock as the thumbhole is very comfortable on my new hand requirement and gives me a box mag for the loading problems .

my one question is is the current aics stock the same as a older one as some sites say there not available as its the old type i have tried ie its over four years old.

will the rifle still qualify in a aics stock as factory if i get serious about things

and what disclipines can i use the moderator fitted on it or do i need to develope some more loads with as is barrel or think about a muzzle brake

hope these arent daft question but sort of semi starting again as i love mt shooting just need to adapt a little the by product so far is shooting of sticks is spot on so get practising for the next ukv shoot at my place next spring.

graham

Archived