Plague proportions

charly hunter

I took my mate Doug out two nights ago for a spot of foxing, not the best of nights with a howling north wind but he did get one fox and we saw two others. But rabbits gosh we have never seen rabbits like it anywhere and these were hardly moving for me to drive past them. So last night I took Millpool, I was going to take Varminter as he rang before we left but as I was going onto an RAF base I can only take one at a time with me, so sorry Varminter, and besides pard your 17 is to noisy and you need more that a single shot 22 to keep up with this lot :P :P A very similar night to last night but not quite as windy or as cold, but for some reason the rabbits were very jumpy and wouldn't stay still......sods law when you come out for them. Well Millpool started shooting fine and the rabbits were playing ball to start with, then as it got darker & later Millpool's shooting went off for a while and he was rushing a few shots, but that's ok we all do it and he was still hitting a few and it's not so easy as the grass is so long now, and the rabbits know how to use it to there advantage, well it wasn't long before he ran out of ammo. :o I did tell him to bring plenty but he thought I was taking the p**s ........as if I would Millpool ;) Anyway luckily for him I had brought some more, and with his form getting better again he kept knocking them over. He was amazed at how many he saw and as he is not a late night person I told the guards I would be off by midnight, so as the time was ticking by at 23.50ish I said we'd better call it a night and as he had just emptied his mag now would be a good time to pack up. So with a total of 75 rabbits in just 2 & a half hrs I don't think he did so bad, if he had hit with all the bullets he fired we would have had well over 100. I'm sure Millpool will tell you that we saw a lot of rabbits but as I told him if I could have filmed the two nights we never saw half the rabbits that Doug and I saw just one night before, we saw hundreds of them and they would sit or stand and look at us ;) but not tonight poor old Millpool had to work a bit :D

Millpool will probably give you his own accout, well that is if he ever gets back on here as he has forgotten his pass word so Marty or Ray if you read this could you help the old boy out please :D

Guest varmartin

Well this is Cornwall and as you guys know we are surrounded on all sides by water and with water you get sand and rabbits in huge numbers ;):o

Its a good job we got more rabbits than Pikeys ;)

Well done boys...next time i`ll come and have a play please.

Martin

Shame it isnt a bit closer would like to visit that part of the country and pop some of those plague rabbits

it was really a great night out ,shame i was not "on form" or we might of got a few more ,its really kind of nigel to take old people out like me ,what with lifting me onto the tailgate ,it must play hell with his back!!! and he was dead right i ran out of ammo!!! take note boys when your out with nigel take at least 200 rounds!!

once again thanks for a great night out nige! :lol::lol::D:lol::lol::D

I can send you guys some rabbits if you really want them, but you might find they won't run to far by the time you get them :lol:

Dog fox as for long range I don't have a problem with long range only the fact a .22 struggles a bit. I am able to shoot one valley out to 1.2km and the runway is 2.3km, :lol: which one can you manage :D I just enjoy driving folks around and doing the lamping for them so they can have a few bunnies and a fox or two as well, I have a lot of good land for shooting on and I enjoy sharing it with some that are less fortunate and don't have the opportunities that I have. :lol:

Archived