Round stuck in chamber

shotgun sam

I took my brother in law out on my permission last night and we took his howa 223 upon arrival He loaded a round into the chamber which did not go all the way into the chamber (4mm short) and stuck fast and would not eject. He said that this has happened a few times before when He has been at a range and usually can be knocked out with a rod (He did not bring one last night so that was the end of the nights shooting).

The ammo is full length resized and chambers fine in my Tikka T3 His gun is reasonably new does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is and how to fix it.

Sam

Take it to a proper Gunsmith and get it removed by him, I certainly wouldn't try to poke it out with a cleaning rod. If the round came out with the primer striking something sharp (Unlikely I know)you could end up with a face full of sharpnel.

I think the problem could have been caused because the ammo has been fireformed in a different rifle, has this happened before after full length sizing with dies ???

Ronny,

This has happend with both new and full length sizing.

Sam

Had a similar problem a while back. Try winding the seating die out 1/4 turn and wind the seater in to compensate. Mine was slightly pushing the shoulder apparently. Anyhoo, it did the trick.

Archived