Best action for a 20 tactical build

I am planning a new build in 20 tactical, what do people reckon the best action would be, I would prefer to use an action from a shot out rifle. I want a scaled down action with a dettachable magazine in stainless. The best I can come up with is a Sako 1 action is there anything better.

Are either of these scaled down actions and what is the best 223 bottom metal and mag for a remmy 700

Trouble with the sako if your trying to keep costs down is they hold value. And can be hard to get unless your willing to pay

Willing to pay 700 pound etc for a 222 or 223 just to rip the barrel off it. Stainless ones come up even less.

I see alan on the bbs just sold a stainless m595 action. For 380. That would have been ideal

I had a 20 Tac built on a Sako 75 which I am very happy with, but if I was going to do it again I would think seriously about using a Tikka action instead for one reason alone, that is that you cannot buy a decent Pic rail for short action Sako for love or money, I am having to have a 20 MOA one made up especially and this been a right PITA.

If you don't need a rail then the Sako wins every time, triggers can be fettled into something very lovely and the box mag system is the best available of all the alternatives. Not many after market stocks available for the action 1 either so make sure you are happy with what you have got or what you can get, mine was a stainless laminated and I had no intention of changing it.

Archived