help leupold vx3 or s&b hung

John RPA

what scope would you chose between a leupold vx3 1/2inch 3-12x50 or a s&b 8x56 1/2inch hungarian,the scope is going on my woodland stalking rifle 250yrd shots at the most but most within 100yrds rifle is 6.5x47lapua any advice would be great

S&b 8x56 is a great scope all you have to do is pull the trigger no messing with altering magnification. but there is nothing wrong with a leupold vx3 ive had them both and i currently use a leupold vx3, a vx2 as well as a leupold european. the down side to leuold is atting up the eye releaf not as quick as the s&b.

Regards James.

For stalking I would go for the 8x56, no flaffing about just point and shoot, the 6.5x47Lap is a good flat round for those ranges so no problem there.

what scope would you chose between a leupold vx3 1/2inch 3-12x50 or a s&b 8x56 1/2inch hungarian,the scope is going on my woodland stalking rifle 250yrd shots at the most but most within 100yrds rifle is 6.5x47lapua any advice would be great

8x56 S & B ! I have one on top of mine , lovely stalking scope as the other have said nice and simple .. 8x mag is ample for Stalking scenarios.

Matt

Guest richness

8x56 S & B ! I have one on top of mine , lovely stalking scope as the other have said nice and simple .. 8x mag is ample for Stalking scenarios.

Matt

Yeah the S&B! Wouldn't have a vx3 if it was free, judging by the ones i've looked though

I do like variable mag though- worth looking around for a 3-12 S&B?

Those big variables are, well, big, and while an 8x56 is a lovely bit of glass (I had the Swarovski) it's a great big hunk of metal and glass, way OTT for deer I'd have thought in typical conditions. It will be ungainly, top heavy and odd looking sitting on the average deer rifle. At the ranges you're talking about, for deer, why not a fixed 4x or 6x? Simple, light, bright, all the mag you need, lot cheaper too.

Tony

Archived