Hi guys , im thinking of investing in one of these, how do they compare for heigth compared to the 9-13" harris?

And how do you find it for varminting? thanks all the best john

I popped in to Sporting Services a few weeks ago, to pick up a few AX chassis. Whilst there I ended up buying the non-quick release version of the Atlas. At first I thought I had gone potty spending almost £200 on a bipod, but I must say it really is a quality piece of kit.

I definitely feel much more stable on it than with the Harris, there is less need to pre-load the legs before taking a shot.

My only gripe is that if you are used to using a Harris, then remembering to push in the leg locking buttons before opening or closing the legs is a bit hard sometimes.

I popped in to Sporting Services a few weeks ago, to pick up a few AX chassis. Whilst there I ended up buying the non-quick release version of the Atlas. At first I thought I had gone potty spending almost £200 on a bipod, but I must say it really is a quality piece of kit.

I definitely feel much more stable on it than with the Harris, there is less need to pre-load the legs before taking a shot.

My only gripe is that if you are used to using a Harris, then remembering to push in the leg locking buttons before opening or closing the legs is a bit hard sometimes.

Thanks, would you say I should get the leg extensions?

With the legs fully extended, the height from the Picatinny rail to the ground is 9 1/2 inches ( leg length from pic rail is 10 1/2"). The leg extensions are 3 " long.

Dan

Archived