FN SPR A3G

newsatten

:rolleyes:

Hi Guys, would like your thoughts on the FN SPR 308 rifles, any body got one? had one? would like some feed back regarding fit and finish,accuracy etc,not been able to find much about them, the web site is a yank based one so no real UK prices etc.

Any info would be of help,

ATB Pete

Hi Pete,

About once or twice a year I get asked about these rifles, I will ask my agent in the US for any feedback he has on these rifles and if it is viable to ship to the UK. If you have any queries please PM me,

Alan

riflecraft supplied them for a while , don't know if they still do ?

a fellow shooter i know had one and it shot extremely well (loved lapua 167g match ammo) i think they have a lined bore or something because i read about it somewhere, supposed to have a long barrel life or something like that?

if you can find one i would say buy it if it's the right price.

atb

Hi,

They have a chrome lined bore, unusual in a quality rifle, usually done on 'spray and pray' type weapons. FN appear to have solved the problem of getting even and smooth chrome into a quality barrel. There is a lengthy discussion of the rifle's merits (or otherwise) on M4carbine.net

Alan

Update to the above,

The FN SPR A3G has a US RRP of $3,395, other SPR models are available from $1,199. Allowing for licensing, documentation, freight and handling charges, VAT and import charges, UK proof, the probable UK price would be about £3,050 for a 'one-off' import. The price would be less if imported with other items,

Alan

:rolleyes::unsure:

Top stuff Alan, thanks very much, theres one on gun trader that i was considering,

atb pete

Hi Pete,

Just looked on Gun Trader, with the upgrades and minimal use seems an excellent buy, go for it!

Cheers

Alan

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,thought i'd put up a of pic of my new toy :lol:

Had to remove pic,as ive an advert with a pic,and it took up all my pic space!

ATB pete

Archived