help needed measuring moderator thread

Help needed measuring moderator thread.

I have just taken delivery of a new moderator and the dam thing doesn't fit!

Its to go on my TRG which I believe has a 18mm thread. I have measured the outer diameter of the threads at 17.92mm and the inside diameter of the flash hider threads at 16.88mm.

The internal thread on the mod measures 16.10 :-@ :-*

Can i ask someone with an 18mm threaded rifle/moderator to confirm my measurements please.

And maybe tell me how to measure the threads properly so i don't sound like an idiot when i bend some ears tomorrow.

Cheers

Rup

Help needed measuring moderator thread.

I have just taken delivery of a new moderator and the dam thing doesn't fit!

Its to go on my TRG which I believe has a 18mm thread. I have measured the outer diameter of the threads at 17.92mm and the inside diameter of the flash hider threads at 16.88mm.

The internal thread on the mod measures 16.10 :-@ :-*

Can i ask someone with an 18mm threaded rifle/moderator to confirm my measurements please.

And maybe tell me how to measure the threads properly so i don't sound like an idiot when i bend some ears tomorrow.

Cheers

Rup

souds like the mod may be a m17x1 to me

Well fair play to my local RFD. Not only did he lean on the mod supplier to provide the right spec mod in less than a week,but today he also managed to get them to deliver (in person- "I'll believe it when I see it" ) the correct thread insert to  Fultons this afternoon for me to collect in the morning. " thumbsup" 

So, a brazen plug for Paul Cook and Jonathan at the Wiltshire Shooting Centre in Devizes. I call that proper service of a kind that is rare nowdays.

When the shop and tunnel range are finished it will be the go-to place for reloading supplies and all your shooting needs in the South and West. Watch this space!

Cheers Rup

Archived