First (successfull) pictures just in!!

JohnGalway

Evening folks,

Mods, if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.

Cold one out there, love this weather. All the predators are hungry!

As some will know I bought one of these (I didn't get the combo deal but that's the camera) a little while back. Tried it out at a bit of bait to get some greycrow, magpie, seagull pics but that didn't quite work out. I've learned a bit more about it since though :yes: A lamb died on a farmer and I set up the camera at the site. Tonight I see we got some results :P

First up in the rogues gallery is a neighbours dog, let ramble around to his own devices all night as we all now can see :lol: The first bit of information on the bottom strip of the photo is the Atmospheric pressure, and the arrow indicates it rising or falling. Second is obvious, temperature and it can be C or F. Third is phases of the moon. Fourth is Americanised date. Fifth is again obvious, the time. And the last one is the Camera ID.

MDGC0005.jpg

MDGC0006.jpg

I have the camera set to take three photos in quick sucession (13 second gaps between each), then there is a one minute countdown before the camera will be "armed" to take more photos if the sensor is tripped.

Now, here's what I've been waiting for, Charlie makes his appearance at 6.42am. Myself and Conor had seen tearing done at the lamb but any trip out lamping nothing was seen, no wonder why :lol:

MDGC0007.jpg

That's it so far. When I get more experience under my belt with this camera I'll do a sort of review or tell ye what I think of it anyway.

John ;)

Hi john,

Very interesting!!!!

Nice to know what is about???

And at what times!!!

Hi F2N,

Yeah it's great to know what's about! We'd never have known about that dog otherwise. The times could be important yet, think I'll leave it in the same spot and see if Charles comes back again tomorrow morning. Unless the other fella is there waiting for him with .223, I for sure won't be lol.

Guest 308Panther

Hi John,

Them cam things can be very handy.

You got some nice pics and the info strip on the bottom is very handy too

Most likely you will notice alot of game moving

when the barometer readings are similar and within a certain range.

Best of luck for future pics

308Panther

Hi John

Nice going with the camera.My friend is using one of these camera to let him know when the wildboar are coming on to some ground he shoots over.It has helped him alot to bag a few pigs.

Thanks for the info.

Dogfox

Checked the camera again tonight, no lappy with me though. Got three different times for when foxy was visiting, some really nice photos! It'll be tomorrow night before I can upload them though, in the meantime I've set the camera to video to see how that will, or won't, work!

Finally got to the camera with the lappy, colder than a very cold thing out there. Thought we had better pictures than what turned out but pleased enough. We reckon maybe this is the same fox in all the photos in this thread, what do you folks reckon?

Tried setting it on video and got 0 pictures/scenes. Not sure why, maybe it takes the camera too long to trigger for video. I'll attempt it again at another time, for the moment we want more pictures!

Although, for demonstration purposes I am in the process of uploading an IR video of... well... you'll see ;) Watch it HERE (I hope).

MDGC0014.jpg

MDGC0017.jpg

Take note of the time stamps on the next three photos. It seems to us that this fox has become used to the camera, it does have a faint red glow when the IR comes on and it does make a little click taking the photos, we figure either or both of those two things perhaps spooked the fox in previous pics.

MDGC0020.jpg

MDGC0021.jpg

MDGC0022.jpg

John the only way to find out if its the same one is to get it shot :ph34r:

If you get no more pics its the same one :rolleyes:

Happy Xmas

Dave

ps what sort of varmint was that on the video :rolleyes::angry:

The Video varmint was of the worst kind, my mate Conor lol, he wasn't too impressed I put it up on YouTube, got to tell everyone about it now....

Happy Christmas mate :ph34r:

Archived