I am going to Bisley easter weekend for my first comp, 300 + 600 yards, the scope I am using is a sightron 8-32 mag, silly question but what should be the correct settings for 300 + 600.....guessing, 18 + 24?

Tony

We need to know your bullet/BC, velocity and zero distance to give you real figures.

But roughly with your 22-250, with a 100yd zero, low bc bullet travelling at around 3350fps

300yds-3.5moa - 14clicks up from zero

600yds - 12moa - 48clicks up from zero

You should get a few sighter shots to confirm:-)

.......unless you mean what mag to set your scope to, that depends on how big you want the target to look :-P

Hope you enjoy the comp.

Rup

How are you doing Rup, thanks for that, Should have made things a little clearer, I meant what mag as I already have drop chats for the load I have prepaired for Bisley, are you going to Bisley for the comp, would be good to see yer mate. :)

Cheers, Tony.

Bisley is a very old interesting place ,try and have a look around the old club houses there .

10 to 12 power should do you for magnification ,you will get two sighters so you can check elevation and windage , your targets are scored for you no worries there .

Atb

Hi Tony, you'll probably be best off on around 30 mag.

That F class target is small and the rings difficult to see.

I've shot it with my 22 power Nightforce but its hard work.

30 times power makes it much easier to judge your hold offs.

A lot of the guys are shooting on 40 mag.

Cheers and hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Dave

How are you doing Rup, thanks for that, Should have made things a little clearer, I meant what mag as I already have drop chats for the load I have prepaired for Bisley, are you going to Bisley for the comp, would be good to see yer mate. :)

Cheers, Tony.

I reckon on using max mag when shooting targets and at those ranges, you'll probably see your bullet holes with the Sightron :-D

I only booked up for the 900 & 1000yds on the Monday, I'm way too poor to shoot all three days!

Will catch up with you soon.

Rup

Go to the range and see what your happy with. magnification values are not comparable between scope models. If you take a standard target at 500m, on one scope it could fill the field of view, on another it would fill half the field of view, both could be set to the same magnification value.

Thanks for your help lads, much appreciated, will try the higher mag settings and see what suits on the day, thanks again.

Tony.

Rup, Im only shooting the one day as its my first shoot just to see how I get on, Im looking forward to it, hope to meet some of you guys on this forum.

Hi Tony,

I'm at Bisley on the Saturday (club shoot), please feel free to drop into the Old Sergeants Mess and say hello or avail yourself of the facilities, bar, restaraunt etc,

Best regards

Alan

Hi Tony,

I'm at Bisley on the Saturday (club shoot), please feel free to drop into the Old Sergeants Mess and say hello or avail yourself of the facilities, bar, restaraunt etc,

Best regards

Alan

Thats very civil of you Alan, I will drop in for a swift one at lunch time and maybe try a breakfast there in the morning, I have heard that they do a good one, hope to see you there.

Thanks, Tony.

Archived