tika T3 light

Hi folks, advice needed.

I have a Tike T3 light in 2506. I am thinking of getting it done up a bit ie customised but knowing nother about this, what could I have done to it ie barrell, stock?? whats your thoughts and is it a good calibre to have done?

Ideally i would like to be able to start shooting out a bit distance wise (500 yrds).

many thanks in advance.

Hi folks, advice needed.

I have a Tike T3 light in 2506. I am thinking of getting it done up a bit ie customised but knowing nother about this, what could I have done to it ie barrell, stock?? whats your thoughts and is it a good calibre to have done?

Ideally i would like to be able to start shooting out a bit distance wise (500 yrds).

many thanks in advance.

cant comment on barrel work but i used one for longer range plinking and a bit of varminting out to 4-500 yards and have just put a laminated thumbhole stock on it and pillar/ bedded it,i was getting fairly decent groups just need to see what it does now !.i generally use 75g vmax

If it's shooting ok with a standard factory barrel id think twice before you spend money on a custom barrel job. Ive just had a full custom tikka t3 done in 223 ackley was done by ukgunworks they have all the bits for a full custom job on tikka and mine looks and shoots real good cant get pics up on here for some reason but i have a few on uklongrange.

Gaz

If it shoots well at the moment leave barrel as is, do you home laod? If not possible think about it? Simple things like trigger tuning and pillar bedding are the basic steps forward that can actually make alot of difference, im no expert on what to do but from my experience these would be the first steps i would take. if it shoots 1/2" @ 100yrds mate its good as standard but the above may improve it slightly.

25-06 a very nice calibre. have always wanted to try it actually as i shoot its parent cartridge.

CZV

If it shoots well at the moment leave barrel as is, do you home laod? If not possible think about it? Simple things like trigger tuning and pillar bedding are the basic steps forward that can actually make alot of difference, im no expert on what to do but from my experience these would be the first steps i would take. if it shoots 1/2" @ 100yrds mate its good as standard but the above may improve it slightly.

25-06 a very nice calibre. have always wanted to try it actually as i shoot its parent cartridge.

CZV

Hi. I think I will start with a new stock and do the trigger Can you recommend any stocks please?

Archived