Another couple of dogs for the triple

Davy Holt

Hiya,

After missing out on my last evenings foxing my shooting buddy was keen to get out and open his account for the year, so my planned quiet night went out the wind when I got his text yesterday asking if we were going shooting last nigh and that he would pick me up at 6.30pm After much deliberation (less than a split second)I replied with ok.. will do some foxing.

I had been told there was a fox hanging about the yard during the day so was keen to see if he was about at nigh. It took a while bufinallynaly picked up a pair of eyes heading in from the next farm so John got on the triple ready to take the shot if and when it presented it's self. I lost sight of the fox and decided to give a squeakseeks to see if it was still about.. sure enoughappearedeard again and made the mistake of standing still for a second too long. The 50 grain V-MAX hit home with a loud thud and it dropped like a stone, which made John a very happy camper :)

We hung about a while longer to see if any others were going to show but all was quite other than someone in a 4x4 having a quick sly lamp over the fields we were shooting on. A quick blast of the lamp without the filter towards them seen them drive off :angry:

We were just about to call it quits and pack up when I caught a fox in the lamp right in front of us, before John could get on the gun it had turned and was trotting right towards us and was only about 50 yards out when he took the shot to it's chest dropping it in it's tracks.

So not a bad result for an inpromtue quick session and johns first double kill :)

IMG_0322.jpg

Archived