Bad day to be a varmint

craigyboy

Got out today for a bit of varminting, had planned a load testing session but it was windy and drizziling so I thought I would take the tac20 for a walk still havent struck first blood with this rifle ;) . First up looking over a field there were about 10-15 rooks sitting around from about 100yards to 350 yards as this was the first shot from a cold clean barrel I picked one at 165 yards to touch with a v-max, allowed a bit for a quartering 10 mph wind and bang flop one crow down. Not much damage on him as I hit him up high on the chest and missed the most of the bone.

STP60976.jpg

Cleared that boy away and moved on to the next victim. I was up on a hill scanning around for a while when I spotted two woddies sitting in a tree, tree shots are normally a no no but this situation was different I was looking down on the tree and the bank behind the tree rises about 25-30m and is very steep so it was completely safe, got the lecia out ranged them at 250 yards, I have the rifle zerod for 200 yards so just held a touch high and on the right wing for the wind slipped the round off and watched the explosion of feathers in the scope, the bullet done a fair bit of damage this time the woddie was more or less in 2 pieces just hanging together :lol:

STP60978.jpg

After this the weather picked up so I decided to go to another farm and do a bit of range testing. When I got there I spotted a couple of greyback crows out in a field, so got my kit out ranged one at 220 yards. For this one I held straight for elevation but again allowed a bit for the wind, pulled the trigger and it was lights out for this boyo, always nice to get these buggers as they can be a real pain in the arse to get close too, I carried on after and done my load testing but didnt shoot any more varmints.

STP60981.jpg

I really enjoyed myself today I havent been out much latley and took today off work to go out and do a bit of shooting and it all turned out well (accept I got stuck in muck o the way home and had to call the farmer to pull me out :lol: ), really pleased with the tac20 too 3 for 3 on its first proper outing.

thanks lads, she is shooting well, I have a range day on the 12 of dec so I will be trying it out at 500 yards, still have some work to do on loads before then to try and reduce extreme spreads, accuracy is there but at longer range the extreme spread is going to show up badly.

That TAC 20 sure looks like shes going to be a sweetie craigyboy!!!! ;):lol:

Good to hear you had a good time fella...................

All the best.................

RAY............................ :lol: :lol:

Archived