243 rifle

243 rifle barrel, the load I use is 70 grain blitz king and 42 grain varget powder. How many rounds do you think it would take before

the barrel needs replacing?

I thought the 243 was over-bore and was in fact worse than a Win 270 in that respect

Just for the fun I used generic data from Quick Load with 42grns Varget and plugged the resulting numbers into “Barrel Life” It says accurate life will be around 1400rds. It will only give an estimate true enough and every rifle is different, but Varget burns hot and that doesn’t help.

I guess the true test will be when it returns an unacceptable level of accuracy for your needs. Either way I’d just shoot until it won’t, then stuff another barrel on and start again.

ATB

243 rifle barrel, the load I use is 70 grain blitz king and 42 grain varget powder. How many rounds do you think it would take before

the barrel needs replacing?

Same question please for a .223 using 55 grain balistic tip, how many rounds before I should consider changing the barrel. Any ideas please.

My 223 i use 55grain blitz kings vit 133 24.5grains.Foxes note happey with them.Barrel life?

Again using semi generic data and predicted pressure, you are looking in the region of 7000rds plus.

Obviously it depends how you shoot it, hot/long strings etc.

ATB

Archived