2 BRACE

foxhunter

I arrived yesterday morning at 1st light at my ground , by Christ it was freezing . A good ground frost covered the fields .I waited just a little bit for the sun to start to rise and hopefully warm up the air . I glassed the valley in front of me , but couldnt see anything , no surprise there as it was freezing.

I continued to stalk along the river towards the bottom of a shelter belt , very noisily as the leaves underfoot were frozen. I didnt have much hope of getting onto a deer when suddenly from a corner in front of me burst 2 roe .

2BRACESmall.jpg

Quickly I mounted my rifle on my sticks as from past experience they often stop for a look back , this they did to their mistake and I managed to grass the pair........

2BRACE002Small.jpg

I continued stalking down the valley and glassed a fox out hunting at 10am , I lay down and took this vixen off the bipod........

2BRACE003Small.jpg

The morning had started really well 2roe and a fox...............

2BRACE005Small.jpg

After a break and something to eat I ventured out again to see if I could find anything else.

As I was watching 4 roe through my bins on the other side of the march , which consisted of a buck with only 1 antler , I spotted another fox hunting below me in some rushes , I positioned myself on my sticks again but this time snatched the shot and watched the fox take off . As i was walking a couple of 100 yards further on feeling really pissed off at missing I spotted another fox , surely it couldnt have been the same one could it ??? anyway this time I composed myself and gave it a splitting headache !!!

2BRACE006Small.jpg

What a fantastic days sport in stunning scenery .

2BRACE007Small.jpg

nice one foxy, it looked like you had a good bit of luck to mate, your right it was bloody freezing on friday, my piss was frozen before it hit the deck ha cheers dave. ;)

Archived