"Ratting and foxing!!"

foxing2night

Hi ladies and gents!!!!

The weather has been bloody awefull up here in the last couple of weeks???.

We have had a lot of trouble with rats , so when it has been raining we have been ratting and then foxing later on!!!!

We have used everything from a 22 rimfire, 410 shotgun, 12 bore and three tubs of poison,

And what fun it has been aswell 60 rats, countless rabbits,,,,,

And to top it off this month we have had 12 foxes this month, so not to bad a month afterall :angry:

During the time my ppc was up in scotland being bedded and recrowned, I have been useing my 17 hmr, and to be honest i realy do admire this little cartridge!!, foxes out to 120 with agood well placed shot have dropped like a brick ;) BUT BE AWERE THAT IF YOU DO MAKE A BAD SHOT ON A ANIMAL THE SIZE OF A FOX THEN YOU WILL NOT GET A CLEAN KILL :P But i still think that it is one of the best calibre,s for this country??, if you have got a urban shoot,, 22rimfire bounces tomuch for my likeing :(

The longest fox this month was 230 right through the neck,,,

My ppc is very consistant, as some of you will know from some of my previous posts it will group under half inch with boreing monotany,, Bedding was a job worth doing!!!!

Photos have been taken but my friends computer is not on line at the moment, But as soon as poss i will get them posted

I would like to thank varminter for sending me some G&c bullets Whitch i used this season to win the benchrest sporter championship,,,, Thanks ray my mate

And also varmartin for the triger springs and grease??? P.S don,t ask about the grease :angry:

The only problem i had was that i tried a baldeagle front rest and i could not get on with it????

It seem that i shoot better of a bipod??? smallest group this year of the bipod was a .199

06-08-07_1232.jpg

Not bad of a bipod??

This one was shot with 29.5 grains of vit 133 and 58g vmax

31-07-07_0014.jpg

Normal groups for this rifle 11-03-07_1311.jpg

Anyway thats my rambleings for this month?????

All the best f2n

;) if only i could come close a friend told me to watch out for you ;)

You can shoot mate fair play to ya

Hi tikka,

I see that you are from cheshire?? where abouts??

Thank you for the compliment!!!!

Who is your friend???

You are wellcome to come and have a go at the sporter comps at the diggle!!, they start agian next march,,, or if you are not to far away come up to us one sunday for a bit of shooting

You would be wellcome ;)

All the best f2n

Darrel looks like you have still been having fun despite the recent crappy weather!!!!

Good to see you are able to still get out buddy!!!!

As for bullets - you are more than welcome my mate!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)

Shall speak soon ...............

All the very best.................

RAY.............................. :D;)

Archived