Sako action 1

tony

Thinking of purchasing a Sako Action 1 in .223, I already have a Sako Action 4 in 6.5x55 what are the real differences between them.

Thanks, Tony.

Hi Tony

Do you mean the A1?

If so, I think it is very similar to the L461. Same as my .223, though mine is in the varmint stock.

It's a lovely smooth thing of beauty, mine has a pretty good trigger too. I have been advised that, being a slender little action, it is not up to a long heavy barrel but would make a superb lightweight. If its the right money, grab it! I will never be parted from mine, ever :-)

Rup

Thinking of purchasing a Sako Action 1 in .223, I already have a Sako Action 4 in 6.5x55 what are the real differences between them.

Thanks, Tony.

Hi Tony,

If you have an A4 action in 6.5x55 it must be a Sako 75 as previous Sakos only went up to No. 3. The 1 and 2 are the same overall and mag. length (61mm) but have different bolt faces for the .223 and PPC respectively. The first A1 replaced the L46 or Vixen and is extremely desirable for building a trim, compact rifle. If one of the early ones it should be nicely finished and be fitted with Sako's all steel No. 4 trigger, one of the best triggers yet found in a production rifle. Depending on date of production the actions differed in diameter of bolt and width of receiver, hope this is of some help,

Alan

Sorry guys, yes it is a Sako 75, sounds like I may get a good buy, thanks for the information, hope the purchase goes through ok.

Thanks, Tony.

I badgered a guy at the club with a Sako varmint 75 a1 action with a 1-8 twist until he eventually sold it to me ! I just love the 223 size action with a detachable mag that is without silly blocks at the back and you can top up the mag without removing it from the gun . It's now in a McMillan stock with a shorter barrel and it's been pillar bedded , perfect !!

Archived