(Day)light, camera, action!

JohnGalway

Jesus, that was some struggle to get this far. Technology and me aren't the best of buddies :D

Piddled around with some waste pipe, my camera, and my scope last night. Took the new rig out for a spin today and this is where bugs bunny met his maker. Also shot a magpie but I wasn't set up for him, typical!

The camera adapter (pipe and cable tie...) is about 5.5 inches long, so it's a pain considering the camera is at the end of that, and I need to shoot looking through the camera, so I couldn't get my shoulder to the gun, therefore arranging things is slightly gammy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cB71_Jd5_s

Noice noggin shot.

P1040127.jpg

looks like a succesful set up but iam a bit confused as to what you actually did when you say you where looking through the camera love to know how you did it thanks gunnery

I've a Panasonic Lumix digital camera, it's not a camcorder - would be easier with a camcorder I reckon. All I did was get some waste waterpipe - the stuff that drains the water away from your sink. I cut a strip out of it along it's length, so I could open it up a bit to put around the scope. Then I cut another piece, shorter, and cut the same out of it so I could put it inside that pipe and use it for a shim for the camera. All I had to do then was get the eye relief and magnification right and I was good to go. So to aim, I was looking into the back of the digital camera at it's screen.

But...... This is a much easier way of doing it if you can get the bits and bobs for it:

Archived