LOTT

mo3

Hope your not recoil sensitive! Craig Bodington said of the Lott "I'm not usually recoil sensitive, but this one will make your eyes water!" At over 80ftlb of recoil (average .308 is about 10-12ftlbs) i don't fancy doing a load development any time soon. Personally I don't enjoy shooting when it's kicking the livin that which promotes growth and vigour out of me,maybe it's just me?

Get Craigs book on African hunting rifles or his book "Buffalo!" for an informed read on the big bores before spending your dosh mo3. www.safaripress.com do all his books.

:lol: Any shooter use 458 lott your views please gowing to africa again in feb 2012

Hi mo3,

The .458 Lott is an excellent cartridge, it's a combination scimitar/sledgehammer. Most rifles unless they are fully custom are either new CZ's or converted older CZ's or Brno Model 600 series. I've converted several without any problems, just fit a sensible recoil pad and a mercury recoil reducer. You also have the advantage of using .458 Win. Mag. rounds for initial zeroing, practice or as your 'squib' load! Acquiring a .458 Lott CZ rifle is probably the most economical route to take to own a full blown, no-holds-barred dangerous game rifle. Factory ammunition is available from Hornady and Kynamco,

Alan

Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen

Info much appreciated

thank for web site details for books being ordered as we speak

Will let you know in the forseable future

very best regards

MO3 (Chris) :lol: :lol:

• 2 months later...

As above, what are you hunting? You dont need any bigger than a .416 for buffalo if you want a big rifle. If you are only taking one rifle then a 375 is probably the best choice. If you are set on a 458 cal rifle then the 450 Rigby is a better round than the Lott and nicer to shoot.

Archived