A sunny evenings shooting

6mmBR

As you guys know I've just got back from some deer stalking in Cornwall. Luckily I'm still on annual leave and today was to good not to go out for a shot.

Off I popped down the cliffs and set up. The wind was freezing coming from an NE direction, so I was glad of the cover of the truck.

I managed a good couple of shots on bunnies out to a best this evening of 258yds.

I think sadly I missed the same magpie twice at 250, the little buggers don't sit still like a bunny for you to compose a shot ;)

Any way it was a cracking evening and if this sort of weather continues it will make the winter short.

DSCF0322.jpg

Cheers all

Dave

Guest 308Panther

I dont know how you can spot bunnies and magpies

with scenery like that....

Me...I would be off daydreamin,soakin up the sun and the

next thing ya know....takin a nap ;)

Nice shooting on the bunnies.

308Panther

Your right there 308P, sitting inside the truck out of that cold wind it was like a summers day, with the warmth of the sun coming through the glass. It is one of my favourite spots to just chill out and unwind.

I am so lucky living here to be blessed with such breath taking scenery on my door step.

Good luck 308P with your opening days hunting on saturday, I'm sure you must have some wonderfull scenery where you are also. Looking forward to some pics of your hunting sucsesses.

Cheers

Dave

Guest 308Panther

Thanks Dave,

Yes, the scenery is good but nothin like that pic of yours.

Will have to sneak the cam from Angel and snap a few.

I feel like a lil' kid on Christmas Eve waitin for Santa.

As the hours slowly tick away.

308Panther

Pretty picture Dave, I was also out enjoying the glorious sunshine with Doug and my dogs, we had a walk about in the morning to see what partrdge and pheasants were about and although we saw some we never raised the guns as we were to busy enjoying the day, but it was good to see the dogs working so well. I the afternoon Doug got his 22-250 out and was shooting at ranges out to 383 yds, but today just wasn't his day as he missed the lot, well all 4 of them. Not that that matters on a day like today, and to be fair to him he did have teh sun in his face most of the time.

Panther I know how you feel pard but don't wish your time away it will be all over before you know it. Hope you manage to sneak the camera from Angel so we can see some photos ;) Enjoy your open day pard.

Nice pic Dave, you could spend hours watching a place like that waiting for shots.

Cooperman your right I normally spend an afternoon sitting just glassing the bank and field. The bunnies pop out between the gorse and feed on the small patches of grass. I get shots there out to just short of 300yds. With the sun shinning its a great place to while away a few hours.

Cheers

Dave

Archived