new .223 tikka stainless

gerdy

ive recently applied for a tikka .223 stainless laminate as i am new 2 this calibre any advice would be gratefull,its a 1-12 twist short barrell and just wanted some advice on factory ammo wieghts and the easyiest ways 2 sight it in, il be using it for foxes as my .22mag is just not suitable after 80 yards or so.thanks gerdy

Sounds like a good choice. Huge difference to a 22mag.

I also think the 1in12 is a better choice for normal foxing

to around 250yds. My 1in8 T3 is very finicky with ammo.

Out to around 200yds even the cheapest UMC or American Eagle

hollow point ammo works well which will cover most needs.

Sako 55gr and Fiocchi 55gr soft points work realy well and

have enough penetration to take a fox from any angle.

Sighting in 1" high at 100yds will get you out to roughly

230yds without any hold over.

edi

hi mate i use privvi patizan 55grain in my tikka 223.they group well and i shoot fox with them no problem.i normaly set up my scope by bore sighting on a target at say 50 yrds as this will get you on paper.then take one shot at bull then keeping the rifle steady put crosshairs on bull and adjust scope to where bullet has hit target.then move out to 100yrds and repeat same method it is important that the rifle is kept still while adjusting scope.hope this helps pal.atb foxnet.

What you are getting is fine no need for a different twist rate as stated above!

I've not used factory ammo much I jumped straight inti reloading but when I had my 223 1-12 I used American Eagle 55gr, home loaded 55 & 60gr vmax and all shot 1/2moa easily.

This is a quick easy way I zero

To sight in put a target out @ 50yds with a 1" or so dot on it, take a shot at it an see where it lands.

Then adjust 1 turret at a time an take another shot to check again.

Get on or near to the dot as you can then move target out too 100yds and repeat until your bang on the dot

Take your time between shots no need to rush and it will be easy

Once zeroed check again to confirm

Archived