Brugger thomet surpressor

I have a B&T surpressor for my AI AW 308, it's the 1 that screws over the muzzle break

There has only been about 100 rounds through it. Recently I can hear a loose baffle inside when I shake it. It appears to be the baffle at the threaded end. When I put my finger in and hold the baffle it does not move

Anyone got an idea how to fix it ?

I emailed B&T and they say to use a 3mm fork wrench to remove front cover and use spring ring pliers to tighten inner ring !! What is a fork wrench and spring ring pliers ???? I thought these mods were made not to be opened

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, it's to expensive a mod to mess about with or throw away

Thanks

I have a B&T surpressor for my AI AW 308, it's the 1 that screws over the muzzle break

There has only been about 100 rounds through it. Recently I can hear a loose baffle inside when I shake it. It appears to be the baffle at the threaded end. When I put my finger in and hold the baffle it does not move

Anyone got an idea how to fix it ?

I emailed B&T and they say to use a 3mm fork wrench to remove front cover and use spring ring pliers to tighten inner ring !! What is a fork wrench and spring ring pliers ???? I thought these mods were made not to be opened

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, it's to expensive a mod to mess about with or throw away

Thanks

a fork wrench is what we would call a 'c' spanner basically a 'c' shape with a small peg in each end of the c that locates in two small holes on a threaded item for example the gland on a hydraulic ram, you can get universal ones from most good tool shops

spring ring pliers are either what we call circlip pliers for an internal or external spring steel clip that fits in a groove and it has a small hole in each end or in some applications they dispense with the holes and just chamfer the ends and as far as i can see that version is only to annoy fitters and engineers !!!

• 1 month later...

Archived